We have heard so many times of being an empath, but what are the main 3 characteristics of empathic people?
- Empathic people are able to understand and share the feelings of others. They are able to put themselves in someone else's shoes and feel what that person is feeling.
- Empathic people are often very caring and compassionate. They have a strong desire to help others and make the world a better place.
- Empathic people are good at building strong, meaningful relationships with others. They are able to form deep connections with others because they are able to understand and relate to their emotions.
Have you discovered you are an empath? Let me know in the comments down below.
Being an empath can be a blessing, but also almost a curse because can drain the life out of you if you don't protect yourself.
When I was a child I thought there is something wrong with me, I was told to not be sensitive, to be tough, to not cry when I hear someone's in pain and the list can continue.
I never known how to protect myself. 5 years ago I was in depression. I was having panic attacks and I was scared of the future. Had anxiety, insomnia, name it.
Then I understood that I have to work on myself. I didn't had what else to do because I had the worst thoughts someone can imagine...
Started to take care of my nutrition, my mind and my spirit.
There are few things you can do too!
Here are a few ways that empathic people can maintain their energy levels and live a full life:
- Set boundaries: Setting boundaries and learning to say NO to unreasonable requests can help empathic people take care of their own needs and emotions.
- Practice self-care: Making time for self-care activities like exercise, hobbies, and relaxation can help empathic people recharge and feel more fulfilled. I always recommend writing in a journal, this helped me so much because I was seeing the patterns in my thinking, I could write anything was in my mind because my journal was my bestie. I can recommend you our Self Love Journal for 21 days if you'd like ti give it a try.
- Seek support: Seeking support from a therapist or trusted friend can help empathic people process their emotions and find healthy ways to cope.
- Take breaks: Empathic people may benefit from taking regular breaks from their empathic abilities, whether it be through meditation, time alone, or other relaxation techniques. Or feel free to enjoy our Empathic Souls Telegram chat. We are always there to talk, share our journeys and grow together.
- Use mindfulness techniques: Practicing mindfulness can help empathic people become more aware of their own emotions and needs, and can help them stay grounded in the present moment rather than getting lost in the emotions of others.
- Seek out positive, supportive relationships: Surrounding oneself with positive, supportive people can help empathic people feel uplifted and energized, rather than drained.
- Learn to manage stress: Empathic people may be more prone to stress due to their ability to take on the emotions of others. Finding healthy ways to manage stress, such as through exercise, relaxation techniques, or therapy, can help empathic people maintain their energy levels. (resource: openai.com)
I hope this article helped you understand yourself better and teach you how to protect yourself better.
Love and light,
Lexi B - Omega Vibe Tribe